I Was a Winner at SAS4Kids

Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Wishing You Joy

Still trying to go strong & keep up with the Winnie & Walter WCMD challenges & at the same time make cards for SendASmile4Kids!  However my work week has started so that always gets in the way of my craftiness!!  I managed to squeeze this card out late last night after having dinner with my daughter, son-in-law & two grandchildren.  It was time intensive but really fun!  I used a new die I purchase recently from My Favorite Things called Chicken Wire.  I ran the die cut through my machine 4 times, once with white card stock, then 3 more times with blue, aqua, & green card stock.  I stuck the Chicken Wire frame I cut with white card stock on a piece of Stick It, and proceeded to inlay the colored die cut pieces.  I started in the corner with the blue color, then green, then aqua & kept that order from top to bottom with no set plan.  I absolutely LOVE how it turned out, and have the leftover pieces for yet another project!!   I set the whole panel on the same blue colored card base. Then I stamped the Wishing You Joy sentiment with a Colorbox Blue Pigment Ink & heat embossed it, die cut it out with a banner die, mounted it on another blue banner die, and called it done!  Thanks for stopping by!!


Challenges Entered:





4 comments:

Heather P. said...

Love love love! Those hexagons are super fab and really up the fun factor! :) Thanks so much for playing along with my color challenge. ♥

Annemi said...

Great card. This is a card that makes me feel happy. This job-thing.... I know... it always gets in the way... lol. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Ann-Marie
TTCRD DT
Annemi {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Nandini said...

Love the colors and the hexagon background. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday Challenges. All the very best to you. Nandini DT

inkedx2 said...

Wow that background is so fun! It took a lot of time also but it was worth it as you card is very colorful. Thanks for playing with us at MMM.

Robbie