I Was a Winner at SAS4Kids

Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Many Thanks

I managed to squeeze one more card out this weekend!  My son, daughter-in-law & granddaughter  are visiting here from Michigan.  We all went to a family wedding last night with my two daughters who live here and their husbands and children.  It was a fun crazy night!  Anyway....for this card I pulled out as many thank you stamps as I could find, arranged them all on a piece of white card stock, then heat embossed them with black Versafine Ink & clear embossing powder.  Next I used Tim Holtz distress inks, Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick and Peeled Paint to ink over the sentiments, and put the finished panel on a black note card. I used to be intimidated by these inks, but once I started playing with them, really got to like them!  Normally I would use these stamps only as a single sentiment on a card, but saw others using them as a card front & a way of stretching your stamps, and think it is smart & looks really good!  Thanks so much for stopping by!



4 comments:

Danoesja said...

It's a great card with this embossing all the THANKS on it.
Thank you for joining us at ATSC.
Greetings, Danoesja

Jeannie said...

Hi Patty! The background is so pretty and all the perfect colors of Fall and I do love all of the different Thank You fonts too. Thanks so much for joining my Fall Festival of Colors Challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

anja curvers said...

Such a great fall background, love the design too. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on Sunday.

Mariken said...

Beautiful card you've made!
Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!