I Was a Winner at SAS4Kids

Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2016

Thanks A Bunch

Just completed another card in my quest to send a box off to SendASmile4Kids.  Something a little different this time...I don't often use these 3 particular colors in my card making, but I was following the WCMD challenge at Winnie & Walters. Thought it turned out pretty cool looking & my husband seemed to really like it!  The stamp is from a Stampendous set called Daisy Thanks.  I stamped it on some watercolor paper with black Versafine Pigment Ink & while it was still wet, heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I used the yellow Zig Clean Color Brush to color in the flower centers.  Then I diecut a yellow frame for it with a Spellbinder's Circle Die, stamped the bee & sentiment with the same Versafine ink, and glued it down to a black card base.  Thanks for stopping by!



Challenges Entered:



8 comments:

Lin said...

Who doesn't love daisies?! What a happy bright yellow, too - thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a wonderfully happy card! Even though you don't use these colors often, you looked like a pro to me! I love how the yellow gives it such a fun pop of color, but the black keeps it grounded and classy-looking. This card couldn't help but make me smile and I applaud your worthy goal of creating a box for SendASmile4Kids. You did a wonderful job on this one and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Unknown said...

Those daisies look awesome and I love the clean crips design.Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw and hope you will join us again. Jennifer DT member x

Sheila H said...

These daisies are so bright and happy looking! They are beautifully colored and framed. Thanks for dropping by 613 Avenue Create.

Jaydee said...

Those daisies just pop off the page - especially embossed with black. I love the bright sunny feel of your card and know it will brighten the day of the recipient. So glad you shared this fabulous card with us at AtCAS this week
jaydee

anja curvers said...

Very pretty. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on Sunday.

Mariken said...

Beautiful card you've made!
Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! I really love how you framed the daisies, and the sentiment with the bee is perfect! Thank you for joining our Great Impressions Challenge this month.
Ruza
Ruza's Craft Corner