I Was a Winner at SAS4Kids


Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Happiest Wishes On Your Birthday

I was looking on Pinterest for some cards using designer papers.  I had a whole Paper Studio 4 x 6 paper pad that had a lot of bold sparkly birthday patterns that I really liked, but I found they are sometimes hard to make a card with.  I found quite a few examples where you use the patterned paper on the bottom half, separate it with some ribbon,  and use the white space above the ribbon to stamp your sentiment.  I followed those examples mostly, but instead of just stamping the sentiment on the top white portion, I added a framed sentiment in between the two layers.  I was really happy with the results, and saved this one for my granddaughters upcoming birthday.  The others I will donate to SendASmile4Kids.  The cupcake designer paper on the bottom half came from the stack I mentioned above...Paper Studio's Birthday Extravaganza stack, and has glitter on the cupcake papers as well as the icing!  I stamped the sentiment from a Stampin Up set I've had forever in Momento's Rich Cocoa ink & die cut it out with a stitched square die. Then I backed it with some pink card stock from my stash, also die cut with the next size up stitched square. I really love how they all turned out!!  Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!!

Challenges Entered:


Monday, September 4, 2017

Hoppy Birthday

I've been trying to get another pack of cards made & sent off to the SendASmile4Kids organization.  My husband is actually working tomorrow part of the day, then coming home to cut the grass!  Not much of a holiday, but we had not real plans anyway.  So I'm going to concentrate on making a lot of cards tomorrow.  I did manage to get a few fun cards done the last couple of days using Technique Tuesday's Felix the Frog stamp & die set.  Below is one of those finished cards.  I stamped Felix on some green designer paper then cut him out using the die.  The striped paper & blue card stock were from my stash.  I heat embossed in white the sentiment & cut it out using a stitched bubble die by Spellbinders.  The white panel behind Felix was cut using a stitched square die.  Then I added the two blue enamel dots from my stash.  I thought it turned out pretty cute!!  Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!

Challenges Entered:

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Birthday's Are Scary

This is a card I made for my 3 year old grandson's birthday.  I decided to use the Silly Monster set from Your Next Stamp because the images are just too cute!  I colored him with a green Real Brush Marker and cut him out by hand.  The sentiment stamps are from the same set. Couldn't help but put him on the card with a wobble sticker, and glue two different size of crazy eyes over the ones he comes with!  I cut the whole panel out with a rectangular stitched die as well as the colorful print panel & green panel behind him.  Then I attached all three panels to a brown base card. I'm guessing he won't be too impressed with it...he is only 3 years old, but I know his mother will appreciate it and it was fun to make.  I thought it turned out pretty cute!

Challenges Entered:


Sunday, July 23, 2017

Happy Birthday

I was checking out cards I saved from Pinterest today to get some mojo going.  I always love bright rainbow colors...they always make me happy!  So I came up with this card...a combo of two different card designs from Pinterest.  I cut all the balloons out using the 2nd smallest balloon from the MFT Dienamics Balloon Stax.  Then I embossed them all with a Darice dotted folder, and tied black embroidery floss around the bases. After I arranged them on a white card base I cut them out with a stitched rectangle die keeping the floss strings out of the way.  I then gathered all the strings together and glued them down under the Happy Birthday sentiment (from Tim Holtz) embossed with white powder on a black strip of paper. Then I glued the whole panel down on a black panel & glued it all onto a white card base.  I think it's both fun and colorful!!  Thanks for stopping by to take a look!

Challenges Entered:


Friday, July 21, 2017

Happy Birthday Wishes

One last post today with another card I created for SendASmile4Kids!  This is one of Tim Holtz's Crazy Dog Stamps. I also have his Crazy Cats & Crazy Birds stamp sets....they are way too much fun to color up & put on a card and I will be using them a lot!  He also has an accessory stamp set with all kinds of hats, ties, balloons, gifts etc, just about any kind of accessory for holidays & occasions, and dies to cut them all out!  I used Zig Clean Color Brush markers to color everything.  Sorry I can't tell you where the sentiment came from right this second. Since I make mostly birthday cards I have a ton of birthday sentiments & they're hard to keep straight!  Thanks for stopping by to take a look!

Challenges Entered: