I Was a Winner at SAS4Kids

Pages

Friday, March 17, 2017

Happy Spring!

Even though we've had a rather mild winter here in Northern Kentucky, I'm still looking forward to Spring! Some of our spring bulbs have already come up & bloomed and I have no idea how our perennials will fair with all this warm/cold back & forth weather lately.  I saw a card on the MASKerade pinterest site & tried to recreate it with my own stamps & flowers. This flower is actually the outline of a layered stamp from the Geometric Flowers set from Altenew.  I LOVE the layered flower sets they have, but also like to stamp just the outline with Versamark & emboss with white embossing powder & color it in with Zig Clean Color Brush Markers as I did here.  I added a black enamel dot to the center of the flower, and stamped the word "happy" from the MFT All Occasions Sentiment set & cut the "spring" word from the Walter & Winnie Big, Bold & Seasons set.  Talk about mixing it up!!  Anyway..I added one yellow sequins behind the word happy just to give it a tiny bit extra.  I love CAS cards & I created two more just like it coloring the flower in with an orange & blue zig marker!  Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!


Challenges Entered:








17 comments:

Tracie said...

What a nice bright and cheery card. Thanks for playing along with us at PIP challenges.

Rika said...

simple and pretty.

brenda said...

This is a really lovely creation and so very bright and cheery, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

brenda said...

Missed Stamping Sensations first read down you list, so many thanks for joining us there as well.

B x

Creative world said...

Beautiful CAS card,love the combo of yellow and black...thank you for joining us at Colour Crazy challenge,hope to see you again
Ċ½eljka DT xx

Birdie said...

This is just screaming "think spring, think spring!" A fan of clean and simple cards meeting up with bright colors. Thanks for joining at the PIP challenge this week.

Gina's Cards said...

Such a fabulous CAS Spring card! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

This is just simply lovely!! It's great! Thanks for sharing it with us at PIP Challenges!
Hugs

Sandy said...

A delightful card, Sorry I'm late with my comment. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting from the Heart.
Hugs, Sandy DT

Jo Rice said...

I just love this card design, so much so that I just had to come over and tell you..Thanks for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Challenge blog...Jo. X

Nicola Gold said...

I just love CAS cards. This is so cheerful. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafting with an Attitude Challenge 'Anything Goes' March 2017.
Nicola, CWAA DT (Amethyst Lily Designs )

Marlies said...

A lovely bright and cheerful CAS card! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations and Fussy and FAncy. Marlies

Joan said...

Lovely bright card, I really like the colour combo

Thank you foe joining us at Stamping Sensations this month
Joan

Stempelomi said...

such a lovely simple card! Thanks for joining us at creative friday. Hugs,Beate

Papiertiger said...

Great CAS Card with Flower!!!
Thank you for joining in Creative Friday Challenge.
Bye Scarlett

kuya said...

Winter absolutely has to go! And I am pretty confidant your card will do a good job chasing it away. My first thought seeing it was "sun" after all.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Friday with your beautiful card!

Regards,
Heike

Anonymous said...

a beautiful CAS card and i love the colour combo and especially the bold sentiment - i can't wait for spring! thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more!
linda