I Was a Winner at SAS4Kids

Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thinking of You

This is another "Thinking of You" card I made for my mother-in-law.  She requested some cards from me because she said she just can't find any pretty ones in the store.  I saw a card on Pinterest that was similar to this, but had a spray of colored stamps on it.  I had just bought a set of Sizzix Triplits flower dies recently and thought they would be perfect to use to make a CAS card like the one on Pinterest.  I cut some of the flowers out using my scraps stash, and set them out on the Fanciful Flourish die from Cheery Lynn Designs.  I manually pierced holes around the entire base of the card.  I really love the sentiment...it is from Hampton Arts & I bought it at Michael's from the $1.00 bin...can't beat a deal like that!!  Anyway...I really like how it turned out and I think I'm going to make several more in A2 size using other colors to send to Operation Write Home.  Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!


Challenges Entered:




12 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Just delightful and the flower spray is so bright and cheery.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

~ginny said...

Patty - What a great CAS card that makes - and I love anything that allows me to use up scrap paper! The detailed paper piercing around the edge is a nice detail.
Thank you for sharing your project & creativity with us!
~ginny,
DT for Aud Sentiments: [#112 – Thinking of You Type Sentiment]
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Cathy P said...

Great CAS card, Patty! Operation Write Home folks would love it. You could change it in so many ways depending on the paper you used for the flowers. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Sister Act. Cathyxx

Lisa Lara said...

This is beautiful with the flowers on the green vine Patty.

Intruderlady said...

Beautiful sas card.
Thanks for joining our Summer Lovin' Challenge at Love to Create.

Kitty
LTC
DT

Unknown said...

Beautiful card so clean and simple with a lovely sentiment . Thank you for entering the Fussy and fancy Challenge and good luck xxx Annie

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Lovely CAS card! Thank you for joining our "Summer Lovin" Challenge this week at Love to Create.
Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Marisa Job said...

What a pretty card! Love the flowers!

Courtney K said...

such a sweet card - love all the bright summery colors.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card. Love the sweet little blooms on that swirly vine.

MC said...

I adore the colour scheme here - the flowers are gorgeous! Very autumnal. Thanks for playing this challenge at Aud Sentiments! Love MC x