I Was a Winner at SAS4Kids

Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Happy Birthday

Fall is supposed to be closing in upon us but here in Northern Kentucky it is still reaching a temperature of mid to high 80's everyday so I'm still wearing sleeveless clothes to work & not feeling the fall craze!  I tried to case a very happy rainbow colored card this last week because I liked the design & the bright colors made me smile!  Of course I had some definite bumps along the way, but never gave up on it, and I'm thinking it still turned out pretty good!!  The rainbow colored stamp across the middle is Interlocking Backdrops from Lawn Fawn . I'm not even going to try to explain how I colored it.  But I did stamp it & color it with my Promarkers and then trimmed the strip out & glued it down on some white card stock.  The Happy Birthday & "You're So Special to Me" stamps are both from a Hero Arts set..don't know the name but the number is CL582.  I glued it to a shimmery red colored card base, and then used the clear Wink of Stella pen on the heart.  I think it will make someone smile just like I did!!  Thanks for stopping by!

                                   

Challenges Entered:




13 comments:

The Sparkly Fairy said...

A great effect you have achieved here! Thank you so much for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and more.

Emma - DT Member

Samantha Mann said...

LOVE that geometric rainbow!!! so cool!! Thank you for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

Wendy said...

Fabulous card...Thank you for coming to the cuties 5th birthday party
Wendy X

Neva Cole said...

Great rainbow birthday card! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge!

creative lady said...

Love your colors on your card. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber.

lauren bergold said...

what an amazingly vibrant and cheerful card and a wonderful addition to the retro rubber gallery! <3

Jane Knudsen said...

A beautiful card with those rainbow colors! So simple and graceful! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

The Crafty Den said...

Stunning card Patty. I love the rainbow across the card and I'm impressed you did it with your promarkers. Its a perfect CAS card! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

coops said...

So stunning Patty.I love the rainbow colours,so bright and fab sentiments.
Thanks or joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Norma said...

Fabulous card, thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!
Hugs,
Norma

Helen Gullett said...

Fabulous, clean and simple card. Love that colorful stripe.
THANK YOU so much for playing along with Addicted To Stamps and More!

Helen
DT Member

Dorlene Durham said...

Super cute card! Love all the colors.

Barbara Washburn said...

Wow, you colored the strip and then cut it out? Great job! It looks like a simple CAS card but sounds like it took you a lot longer than that :) Thanks for sharing with Unicorn Challenges. Barbara DT