I Was a Winner at SAS4Kids

Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Happy Birthday!!

As soon as I saw these Tim Holtz Crazy Bird stamps & dies I had to have them!  I'm not even an accomplished colorist/cardmaker to justify the cost but I didn't care...they were way too much fun to look at....those faces....hysterical!!  I still need to purchase the Tim Holtz Crazy Things that embellish those Crazy Birds!  Anyway...I wanted to make my oldest sister Karen a birthday card.  She will be 60 + years in about a week & we joke about the older we get the more our bodies break down (aka fall apart!)  I made this birthday card for her...his crazy eyes kind of make him look desperate/shocked/alarmed!!  I colored him by mixing some Daler-Rowney? watercolor tubes I bought dirt cheap at Walmart. His wings, beak & eyes are colored & die cut out separately & added with dimensional foam.  The Tropical Teal colored card stock, Lemon colored card stock as well as the green button are from my stash.  The sentiment is from Art Impressions Giant Cake Girlfriend set. I attached the Crazy bird on the card with dimensional foam & doubled up on the foam under his eyes & added glossy accents to make them even more buggier!!  I think this card will crack her up & make her smile when she opens it!  Sorry for the bad picture!!  Thanks for stopping by!






10 comments:

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your beautiful card! The colors on the image is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Love those stamps. You did a good job with this one, and your sister will really appreciate it!

Thanks for joining us for our "Oh, Brother!" challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Planetsusie said...

Sorry for the late reply but I saw your card and wanted to say I love this image. Great stamp and I am going to make hubby's birthday card using two of the other ones myself. Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Anything Goes) Challenge this month. Hope to see you again soon.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT

Lena said...

How cool isn`t this bird..just love him!! Great colours and layout!!

Thanks for playing with us at The paper Shelter this week!!
Good Luck..
Hug Lena

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Love that bird image! Wonderful coloring!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Alice said...

too cute! love that you used those colors on the bird! awesome card! such a pretty card! thanks for playing along with MFT Color Challenge!

ScrappyHorses said...

Hi Patty! Be sure to check out the Cut It Up site! ; )

Katrina
ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com

Leigh Penner said...

Super cute card!

Jinny Newlin said...

I totally agree about those birds! This one is ever so cute and pairs perfectly with that sentiment!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Love it! Such a great card! I like your watercoloring, too. Will have to look for the watercolor tubes at Wal-mart!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comments. Good luck in the draw!
I am happily your newest follower. :)