I Was a Winner at SAS4Kids

Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Hope all the mother's out there had a wonderful day today!  We started out with rain & a slight chill in the air, but by the time we left church this morning the sun was shining bright!  This is the card I made for my mother.  Most of the times I try to make her something with her favorite color, lavender, but as I was flipping through my paper stacks, I saw this print with the butterflies & sparkle on it from the DCWV Mariposa Matstack.  I thought it was pretty, and she loves butterflies, so it ended up being mostly brown & blue, which is one of my favorite color combos!  I used two Spellbinder die cuts to frame the sentiment, & hand pierced around the inside of the sentiment layer. The sentiment is a stamp called "With Love" made by Printworks.  I've had it forever and maybe only used it one other time, but I liked the idea of using it instead of the typical Happy Mother's Day!  I used a Martha Stewart punch to cut out the butterflies, added pearls to their bodies, and spritzed them and the flowers with some glitter spray  to match the glitter on the paper. My mother loved it, and asked me..."did you make this one yourself....how in the world did you make all this?" She obviously hasn't seen the obscene amount of product I have in my craft room or she wouldn't ask that question!!  I'm sure all of you cardmakers & scrapbookers out there can relate!!  Anyway, I'm glad she liked it.  Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!


Challenges Entered:



17 comments:

cheiron said...

Gorgeous die cuts and butterflies! Thank you so much for playing along with the Spring Flowers Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

cheiron said...

Gorgeous die cuts and butterflies! Thank you so much for playing along with the Spring Flowers Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving the great die cuts and love the butterflies. Thanks for sharing with us at SweetStamps.com

Squirrel x said...

So pretty hun, and perfect for our Flower Power theme at ALBC this month. Thank you for playing along. Hugs xx

Shazza said...

beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck

Jac’s Playground said...

Beautiful card, love the design on the paper and your sentiment is delightful, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

rudlis said...

Very cute card. Thank you for joining SweetStamps.com this week.

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww, that's gorgeous. Our mamas sure deserve our love and gratitude! Thanks for joining in with the Dream Valley 'Anything Goes' Challenge. Good luck. Hugs, Wends x - Dream Valley DT

Kates said...

Lovely. thanks for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes May Challenge. Kx

stampqueen said...

Very pretty card!!! Thanks for joining us at One Sweet Challenge and good luck in the drawing!!!

MagsB said...

What a pretty card! I love the layered die-cuts and the butterflies! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley.

love Mags B x

karalschuknecht said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Anything Goes/twist of Gems or Rhinestones." Come back to join us again and good luck.
Karal QKR Stampede DT

karalschuknecht said...

Gorgeous card, I love the layers and buttrflies. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Anything Goes/twist of Gems or Rhinestones." Come back to join us again and good luck.
Karal QKR Stampede DT

Kim Kelley said...

Very pretty. Love all the details. Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

Kim
SSD DT

Francesca said...

What a lovely card, Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month

Francesca x

Mimi said...

Such a pretty creation Patty, love all the dies you have used, they look great :) :) :) Good luck in this months One Sweet Challenge - Flowers. Hugs Jane xxxxx

Eret said...

Love it! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Stamping Sensation. I hope you join us again.
Eret x