I Was a Winner at SAS4Kids

Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sending Wishes Your Way

The Case Study Challenge Blog is celebrating their 4th year anniversary with a blog hop and challenge to case one of their design team members card.  I'm always looking at other card maker's sites & on Pinterest to get some inspiration....so I thought what the heck...I'll hop along & see if I find something interesting.  This is the card I came up with casing Amy Sheffer of Paper Pickled Designs.  She made her card using the Bokeh Technique ....never heard of it before...but it was fun to do & pretty easy!  I wasn't quite clear on what medium they were saying to use, but it involves using water color paper, so I just used two of my Derwent Inktense pencils for the colors...Tangerine & Fuschia.  I put the finished water colored piece onto some pretty pink card stock from my stash & used the same cardstock to die cut the sentiment frame.  The sentiment is from Just Rite Stamps Celebration Labels One & the bow is made from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I really had fun trying this technique & I think the card turned out pretty good!!  Here is the tutorial  link that Amy had on her post demonstrating the Bokeh Technique.  Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!!


Challenges Entered:




10 comments:

Laura W said...

I think the background turned out great too! Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at the Clear it out challenge blog-see you Tuesday for a new challenge :)

Lynn's Place said...

Awesome take on our challenge @ Clear It Out...drop by again and show us more of your talent...good luck now <((><

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card, wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

Sue said...

Gorgeous card..thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT x

umichka said...

So sweet card! I love your bokeh) Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

julieprice3 said...

Such pretty paper, very sweet
Hugs julie P

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty! I love the bokeh background! I had fun with that technique too. :)

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

What a lovely, clean and fresh card. The colours are lovely too x

Lisa Lara said...

Love those colors and you background circles Patty.

Kara said...

beautiful background!